Thank you for your interest in the Amsterdam International Community School. We hope that this page will provide you with all the relevant information you need when considering applying for this school.
To see our availability please check the Open Apply landing page.
The AICS caters for the needs of foreign students who will be spending a few years in the Netherlands, as well as for those Dutch students who need to be educated in an international school to ensure continuity of international education. Therefore, we work with the following entry criteria:
The student has non-Dutch nationality/is a foreign passport holder and one of the parents/legal guardians is temporarily employed in the Netherlands.This is to be proved by a written statement of intent by the parents.
The student has Dutch nationality and is currently living abroad and has attended school abroad for at least two years because one of the parents/legal guardians is stationed abroad.
The student has Dutch nationality and lives in the Netherlands and has a parent/legal guardian (with whom the student will be living) who will be stationed abroad within two years.
The student is coming from the Dutch educational system with a passing VWO 4 report , or a HAVO 5 Diploma, and is applying for the Diploma or Careers Programme, DP 1 or CP 1. The student will need to demonstrate sufficient fluency in the English language.
When submitting a formal application, you must upload the following documents.
- A valid copy of parent's/legal guardian's and child's passport
- School reports from the last 2 years (in English)
- A digital photograph of your child
- BRP (Basisregistratie Personen) document of your child. You can obtain this from your local Municipality (Town Hall) after you have officially registered your child with them. If you are still abroad, this document will be provided later.
- For children with a non-Dutch nationality, or foreign passport holders, we need a statement from parents of their intent to relocate in the future.
- For children with a Dutch passport, we also need proof of temporary residence (via an employer's declaration or contract).
- If you are applying for an immediate start (mid-term) and a place is available, the application process will take a minimum of two weeks.
- If you are applying for the next academic year, the allocation starts in May.
- All applications are processed in order of receipt following payment of the non-refundable registration fee.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are happy to help you!
Grade Level Placement
Students are placed primarily by age.
The prior educational path is given consideration if the grade levels do not align.
The final grade placement is determined by the Head of Campus.