Mission, Vision and Context Statement
The AICS facilitates high-quality, accessible, community-based international learning for students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands.
To be a community where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
- The AICS is a Dutch subsidised international school. This enables us to deliver high quality education at competitive fees.
- The AICS is accountable for high standards to the Inspection of the Dutch Ministry of Education.
- The AICS benefits from the resources in the Esprit Scholengroep and is accountable to its Board of Governors.
- The AICS is part of the Esprit Scholengroep, a large group of many different schools in Amsterdam. Other member schools of Esprit are: Berlage Lyceum, Cartesius Lyceum, 4de Gymnasium, Marcanti College, Nova College Amsterdam, de Poort, de Wissel, Europa school, de Eilanden and de WSV school.
- The AICS is a member of the group of Dutch International Primary and Secondary Schools (DIPS and DISS). The DIPS and DISS cater for the needs of students with foreign nationalities who will only be spending a few years in The Netherlands, as well as for those Dutch students who need to be educated in an international school to ensure continuity of education. The main language of instruction in our classes is English.
- The Dutch authorities contribute to the costs of these international schools, each of which must be closely connected to a standard Dutch school.
- The AICS is an IB World School. The Learner Profile of the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) is reflected in our mission.
- The AICS is a member of the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the European Council of International Schools (ECIS). The CIS and ECIS help us to maintain a Quality Care Cycle in the school and train our staff to answer to the highest quality standards respectively.